PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTION STATEMENT FOR TVB MEMBER (“PICS”)
- This PICS applies only to information submitted and collected through your registration or use of our TVB member service
(our “Service”) provided by Television Broadcasts Limited (“we”, “us” or “our”). By submitting your personal identifiable
information, you agree to this PICS, as amended from time to time. This PICS is incorporated into and forms part of our General
- We regularly review this PICS and may from time to time amend its terms and conditions by updating it on our site http://www.iframedollars.biz/terms/e_tvb_member_pics
(“our Site”). By continuing to use our Service after any amendments to this PICS, you are agreeing to this PICS as revised,
so please do visit our Site periodically for updates.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- We collect your personal data when you apply for our Service or register to be a user of our Service. It is also the case
that data relating to your use of our Site and Service are collected from you when you use our Site and Service.
- Personal information that we may collect from you includes (a) information you provide when you register to be a TVB member,
including your salutation, first name and surname, mobile telephone number, region, gender, email address, year and month
of birth, nickname and password; (b) information you provide to our support service or during other customer communications;
(c) information about your computer, phone or other web enabled device (collectively, the “Device”), which may include mobile
app token, the types and configurations of browsers, language settings, geo-location and location of your device, device
type/manufacturer, Internet Protocol (IP) address (and domain names), operating system type and version, network type, and
Internet service providers; and (d) information about your usage of our Site and Service, which may include the time/duration
and the contents and pages visited or our Service used (access log).
USE OF PERSONAL DATA
- You must provide to us the personal data as set out in Section 4(a) above if you want us to process your application or registration
to our Service. Personal data provided by you will be used by us for the following purposes and any purposes related to and/or
for the furtherance of any of these purposes (collectively “Purposes”):
- application, administration, continuation and termination of the use of our Service;
- enabling the provision of our Service;
- enabling users to access and to have their personal information pre-filled in when users register different online services provided by us and our group companies (“TVB Group”) with a single login credential instead of registering or login to each service one by one;
- processing and completing transactions requested by you;
- providing you with news, notices and other communications of our Service such as features, content, technical notices, updates,
security alerts, etc.;
- handling and following up service calls, enquiries and complaints;
- verification of your identity;
- meeting the requirements to make disclosure to any governmental authority in Hong Kong and overseas jurisdictions under the
requirements of any law binding on us;
- enabling us to provide other services better tailored to your needs;
- enabling us to provide you with the most effective service in different locations, devices, connectivity and situations;
- helping us to monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Service;
- enabling us to better understand the demographics of our users;
- conducting research in relation to our Service provided by us;
- enabling us to better understand the demographics of our users;
- performing statistical analysis of your behavior and interest in any service provided by us;
- customer profiling;
- making suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Service or goods and services that may interest you
or them; and
- any other purposes as may be agreed by you from time to time.
- You warrant to: (a) provide us true, accurate, current and complete personal data about yourself; and (b) update the foregoing
data from time to time. We may suspend or terminate your membership or refuse your access to our Service or any part thereof
without notice if we suspect that you have breached this provision.
- If it becomes necessary that we have to take action against you for any reason whatsoever including without limitation recovering
from you any money you owe us, you expressly agree that the personal data provided by you can be relied upon in identifying
and taking legal action against you.
- While we will take all practicable and reasonable steps to protect personal data from unauthorized or accidental access,
disclosure, misuse or processing, or from alteration, destruction or loss, we may transfer/assign such data to the following
- any actual or proposed assignee, transferee or successor of or to our rights in respect of your personal data if we decide
to sell any relevant part of business;
- any agents, suppliers, contractors, professional advisors, insurers, other network operators or third party service providers
who provide administrative, telecommunications, computer and other services to us and/or the relevant service(s) in connection
with our Service;
- any person to whom we are under an obligation to make disclosure under the requirement of any law binding on us or for the
purposes of any guidelines or codes of practice issued by regulatory or other authorities with which we are expected to comply;
- governmental authorities or other third parties assisting us detecting, investigating, preventing or otherwise addressing
fraud, security, or technical issues.
- If we become involved in a merger, acquisition, or any form of sale of some or all of our assets, we will ensure the confidentiality
of any of your personal data involved (if any) in such transactions and provide reasonable notice before your personal data
- If necessary, we may transfer your personal data to places outside Hong Kong or from the country you are located for carrying
out the Purposes (or the directly related purposes) specified above, for which the personal data were collected. Where such
a transfer is performed, it will be done in compliance with the prevailing requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance,
Cap 486 of the laws of Hong Kong.
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA IN DIRECT MARKETING
- We intend to use your personal data for direct marketing purposes, and we may not so use your personal data unless we have
received your consent (which includes an indication of no objection). Subject to your consent, we may use your salutation,
first name and surname, email address, mobile telephone numbers, region, gender, year and month of birth, nickname, and record
of use of Service for marketing of the following services and products:
- our products and services and/or the products and services of any company within the TVB Group;
- news, rewards, promotions and events related to or offered by us and/or the TVB Group, such as Big Big Channel Limited, TVB
Anywhere Limited, TVBI Company Limited and MyTV Super Limited;
- joint promotion, rewards and events with merchants and business partners or other third parties offering discount and other
benefits to users of our Service, from and in relation to goods and services of or relating to the following industries:
entertainment, media and public relations, telecommunications, retail, leisure and sports, food and beverage, transportation
and tourism, software and games, education, environmental, health and wellness, non-profit, information technology, social
networking, parenting, financial and property.
- If you do not wish us to use your personal data for direct marketing at any time, please email us at [email protected]. We shall
remove your personal data from our archive within fourteen (14) days after we receive your notification.
- Cookies are small bits of information that are automatically stored on your Device when you visit our Site. A cookie can
be used to identify a Device, but it is not used to collect personal information of an individual user of our Site. The information
collected by “cookies” is anonymous aggregated research data and contain no name or address information or any information
that will enable anyone to contact you via telephone, email or any other means. Some of the cookies are required by our Site
to enable you to transact whilst other cookies enable us to give you an enhanced, personalized browsing experience. Whilst
most web browsers automatically accept cookies, you can edit your browser options to block them. However, if you do so, you
may not be able to use some of the functions or access certain areas of our Site. By using our Site, you consent to the use
of these cookies.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL DATA
- Except as provided in paragraphs 8 to 10 above, your personal data will be accessed only by our employees or contractors
who are authorized to do so. Employees and contractors designated to handle personal data will be instructed to do so only
in accordance with this PICS. We have implemented reasonable security measures to safeguard your personal data from unauthorized
access, disclosure, use and modification. Please be aware, however, that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect
or impenetrable, and no transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- We will retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which such data was collected. We
will then destroy such data unless their retention is required to satisfy legal, regulatory or accounting requirements or
to protect our interests.
ACCESS TO AND UPDATE OF PERSONAL DATA
- You may at any time:
- request access to and correct personal data relating to you in any of our records;
- ask us to remove your personal data from any active mailing or distribution list; or
- cease to use your personal data and terminate your use of our Service subject to our Terms of Service.
- To exercise any of your foregoing rights, please email us at [email protected] marking your communication “Confidential” and specifying
our Service that you have registered. In response, we may ask you to provide certain details about yourself so that we can
be sure you are the person to whom the personal data refers. We may charge you a reasonable fee for processing such access
- Our Site and Service may include links to other services or sites. This PICS applies to our Site and Service only. You are
exposed to cookies that are not our responsibility when you access to linked sites or other services, and any information
you submit to linked sites or other services will be subject to the privacy policies of those sites or services (if any).
You are advised to review the relevant policies carefully before providing any information to those linked sites or services.
- If you wish to contact us directly, please email us at [email protected]. All information, other than the personal data that you
send through this email, will not be considered or treated as confidential information. Do not send us through this email
any information, ideas, suggestions, proposals or comments that you consider confidential or that you want to be treated
- Your telephone conversations with our staff may be recorded, retained and used as evidence by us without further notice.
- If any part of this PICS shall be deemed unlawful or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed
to be severable from this PICS and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any of the remaining provision of
- This PICS shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Hong Kong. Disputes arising here from shall be
subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of Hong Kong.
- If there is any inconsistency or conflict between the English and Chinese version of this PICS, the English version shall
Last Updated: 2018-07-05